10245 - Santa's Workshop

biniou

I love it! Undeniable winner! Sign me up for a dozen!

Only one small complaint about this set.....the Christmas tree is pretty underwhelming. I would have expected a little better tree in the Clause residence. Guess I'll just have to steal the Toy Shop tree.

Hmm, wouldn't all you need be one tiny little, red brick? :)

Good point. But I will go you one better. How about a Rudolph set with a red nose that actually lights up like the STAR WARS light up light sabers?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1

Another set with the Series 8 Santa which in its defense is perfect by all means. The Series 11 Holiday Elf looks better than those elves though as he featured a unique outfit whereas these guys have rather 'everyday' sorts of clothing. At least we finally get a Mrs. Claus in, like, forever. Anywho, those 14 Holiday Elves of mine (not available for trade) will look fantastic here! Now I wonder what the usual Eurobricks contest this year shall be. Probably to build an extension of Santa's Workshop or maybe a part of Santa's Village.

This set looks great!  I will be buying this the first day it is out!  I can see this being in short supply by early December (I assume this will come out maybe Oct 1?)  Hopefully the Oct and/or Black Friday giveaways will be add-ons to this set (like last year with the Christmas Tree Lot and Truck sets). 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

great in two ways. 1 great set :) 2 now we'll have to start building the winter sets that much earlier :turned:

I love this new set.  I can't wait for it to retire.  Seriously. :)  I also think the stock out comments are a good potential.  I think it has great potential to move like the Post Office did once it hits retirement.

LOL, we're about 5 months away from release day, 30+ months from retirement and we already want it gone. xD

I wish they had this set/theme when I was a kid

THIS is why it'll be a winner.

And yes, WV sets do poorly outside the US. Wifey and I have bought 2 of each starting with the toy shop, we have a city displayed and the other half is stored and not getting as much love as they should over here.

Tabby, CHN, me and anyone from the EU who wanted to join, should come up with an article/blog post addressing US/EU market differences, should be fun!

I like the set... Wish the Raindeers were molded though as the rest of the animals.....

That's one reason I actually like them. A molded reindeer would have looked like Playmobil.

Being brick built also harkens back to the early days of holiday Lego sets.

1628_main.jpg

I think there are more than enough molded critters already between the Friends sets and collectables.