The LEGO Ninjago Movie General Discussion

emazers

• 3 weeks later...

Not necessary about the movie, but I noticed in store today that Target has 70611 Water Strider marked as $39.99 RRP. All other stores have it for $29.99. $39.99 makes more sense given the piece-count (482 pieces) so is this perhaps the price it was supposed to be before LEGO ut through a last minute price reduction before launch? UK price is also 39.99GBP. Brickset price $29.99.

Does anyone know?

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, Phil B said:

Not necessary about the movie, but I noticed in store today that Target has 70611 Water Strider marked as $39.99 RRP. All other stores have it for $29.99. $39.99 makes more sense given the piece-count (482 pieces) so is this perhaps the price it was supposed to be before LEGO ut through a last minute price reduction before launch? UK price is also 39.99GBP. Brickset price $29.99.

Does anyone know?

All I know is that I will NOT pay £39.99 for it!

14 hours ago, Phil B said:

Does anyone know?

I don't have an answer for you, but I've bought it and built it. It's quite a slog to build as there are many stickers and four basically identical legs to build. It's quite comparable in size and build to the recent AT-ST which retailed for $39.99. I'm tempted to think because it was their own IP and the build is repetitive they docked the price a bit, but it does come with four minifigs.

Finally took the kids to see this over the weekend.  There were actually quite a few families in the theater.

I liked it overall and thought the animation was great.  It could have been about 15-20 minutes shorter and it shouldn't have relied so much on the daddy/son angst between Garmadon and Lloyd.  I think that is what really took away from the story for me.  Yes, the plot was weak, since it was really just a battle over Ninjago City and how they would save it.

I didn't care for Jackie Chan as the voice for Master Wu.

According to Wikipedia: As of October 22, 2017, The Lego Ninjago Movie has grossed $54.6 million in the United States and Canada, and $51.5 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $106.1 million.

TLM did almost 500m and TLBM has done just over 300. All had budgets between 60 and 80m.

2 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

That's pretty terrible once you divide the box office receipts and add in marketing costs.  I wonder how this is going to affect future LEGO movie projects?

It´s exactly  month since release and it is now pretty much out of all the major cinemas here. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 50% score compared to the 90 and above of the past two films.

They will have to sell a lot of DVD copies to catch the other 2 films.

It’s still in the cinemas here, with half term.  But two Lego movies in year and completely different voice actors to the TV show never seemed like a good idea to me.  But if it drives fresh sales to the ninjago theme.  And we did get 70618 out of it. 

1 hour ago, feed said:

It’s still in the cinemas here, with half term.  But two Lego movies in year and completely different voice actors to the TV show never seemed like a good idea to me.  But if it drives fresh sales to the ninjago theme.  And we did get 70618 out of it. 

Let´s see what happens with Tesco 3 for 2 and which sets sell fastest. The Movie sets are probably my favourites from all the movies but they may turn out to be shelf warmers. Here, the Xmas stock i supermarkets is SW first, City second, LNM 3rd and LBM 4th with Friends not far behind. If last year´s decline in demand continues, a lot of those will be on clearance come January/February.

14 hours ago, Val-E said:

Let´s see what happens with Tesco 3 for 2 and which sets sell fastest. The Movie sets are probably my favourites from all the movies but they may turn out to be shelf warmers. Here, the Xmas stock i supermarkets is SW first, City second, LNM 3rd and LBM 4th with Friends not far behind. If last year´s decline in demand continues, a lot of those will be on clearance come January/February.

I see the majority of Lego sets at Tesco are now close to RRP.  If there was a 3 for 2 today, I cannot see much value. 

41 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

I see the majority of Lego sets at Tesco are now close to RRP.  If there was a 3 for 2 today, I cannot see much value. 

Yup most went up last week, still a few good options, but not many. I was hoping for more half priced Claas Xerox, but i won't be paying £84 for them while my current stash only cost £60-62 each. 

I surely will not be touching Star Wars, although the Tie Fighter will be cheap, but the QFLL will make sure anyone who paid more than £35-40 previously will lose money on them. This will be the Tie vs A-Wing all over again.

Edited by John82

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 25/09/2017 at 4:35 AM, ugen said:

I never watched ninjago before but i really enjoyed the movie. My kids also loved it too. Better then lego batman i thought.

I finally got to watch the Lego Ninjago Movie yesterday. And I too enjoyed the movie quite a lot. I found it definitely more entertaining than the Lego Batman Movie which I found rather chaotic. Though I have watched a few Ninjago TV-series episodes in the past I'm hardly versed in the Ninjago 'lore', nor am I used to the characters having certain voices. So there was no discontinuity for me regarding the character's voices between TV and movie. 

• 6 months later...

Our boys enjoyed the movie, and I thought it was well done.  I was bummed to hear that it did not do as well.  I admit that I am partial to the voice cast for the cartoon, so it was a bit of a change listening to different voice actors for the characters.  Justin Theroux did an incredible job as Garmadon though, he was awesome! 

• TheOrcKing unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...

You know what ? The 70614 Lightning Jet is my worst seller ever.

I love this set. I think it is awesome, and the build is as impressive as the other Ninjago Movie vehicules and mechs. I have sold more than 500 sets over the last 8 years, and for the first time, there is a set I simply cannot sell, even as low as 50€ (retail was 64.99€ in France).

Even Chima sets did better than this one. Weird, isn't it ?

Edited by denosya
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, denosya said:

You know what ? The 70614 Lightning Jet is my worst seller ever.

I love this set. I think it is awesome, and the build is as impressive as the other Ninjago Movie vehicules and mechs. I have sold more than 500 sets over the last 8 years, and for the first time, there is a set I simply cannot sell, even as low as 50€ (retail was 64.99€ in France).

Even Chima sets did better than this one. Weird, isn't it ?

Sold well for me during the holidays here in the U.S.

• Like 1