LEGO Bans - Open Discussion

IMDeus

• 1 year later...

I got banned years ago from online.  Support at the time said it was because of gift cards.  He said I could call their fraud dept and probably get it resolved but I never did.  Couple years ago I opened a brand new account with different address, new cc with different billing address, ordered from different computer with different internet provide and still I'm insta cancelled.  Actually had the same issue with Bloomingdales at the time but at least as of a couple years ago I can order from them now.

Some companies just have a disconnect with their fraud dept.  My boys play baseball and I have been ordering custom gloves and bats from Rawlings for years.  About a month ago I ordered another glove and the order just would not go through.  I called to see what was wrong and they told me my account was flagged for fraud and would not be able to order with it anymore.  No gift cards involved -- go figure.

• 2 months later...

For the advanced here, will lego cancel orders made from different accounts but to same address. Say for example, my sister living in a different state orders for me and puts my address for shipping, will the flag the order? Or since its made from a totally separate legit account, Lego wont care about the shipping address being the same.

5 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

For the advanced here, will lego cancel orders made from different accounts but to same address. Say for example, my sister living in a different state orders for me and puts my address for shipping, will the flag the order? Or since its made from a totally separate legit account, Lego wont care about the shipping address being the same.

They match shipping addresses. You can use various tricks to try and avoid it. Sometimes their validation picks it up and both accounts orders will be cancelled. If you can use different address's entirely its your best bet.

• Thanks 1

They do shadow unbans from time to time, but they like to lock it down for life.

What would be fun is moving into a house with a banned address already. Imagine being the customer service person having to tell someone they can't buy a gift for their kid in their new home because some scummy reseller lived there before.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

They do shadow unbans from time to time, but they like to lock it down for life.

What would be fun is moving into a house with a banned address already. Imagine being the customer service person having to tell someone they can't buy a gift for their kid in their new home because some scummy reseller lived there before.

There should be a law that requires sellers to disclose such circumstances.