LEGO Review: 10256 Taj Mahal, Pre-Release Observations

LEGO Taj Mahal 10256 rerelease is sure to illicit many opinions. It is almost exactly the same as the 2008 version. Is it a good value at today's price? How will it affect the LEGO community of kids, builders, collectors, and investors?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

This was just pure brilliant! I truly enjoyed it (as all of your previous screenings). I  have two questions which I hope you might find time to answer to:

1) below the video is a tag "part 1" - does that mean that there will be also Part 2 on this topic?
2). .. at one moment you mentioned that you are done with LEGO landmarks buidlings.. sooo.. that means that from now on you will never buy anything like Tower Bridge, Big Ben etc.. ? :)

Share this comment

I love your screenings and think you are spot on. Making re-releases of big sets is bound to be a short-sighted mistake as it takes the fun out of collecting and alienates the AFOL buyers.

Keep the videos coming!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

Lego liquidated the collectors' market. Because of the recurring expense of sets. Lego's losses stem from lack of innovation in recent years. Instead of generating kits that will interest customers and bring innovation they are busy copying their sets for several years. (For example, Star Wars), I believe it is worth exploring alternatives

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Good point about wanting your collection to not be complete so have something to aim for. Same happened to me when I managed to get all the available (to me, in my region) Pokémon in Pokémon Go. Suddenly there was no goal any longer to keep playing and the game lost its appeal to me. 

Share this comment

Good talk. 10256 is the end of my Lego collection. I believe other collectors will have same thought with me.

Lego should not remake those historical and expensive set to make money. I suggest they do limited numbered set with higher cost.

I am sure everyone will go for it.

Share this comment

I had the original 10189 at home and from one day to another it lost most of it´s value with the re-release. For me this is the signal to stop buying Lego. The secondary market will be destroyed randomly by TLG with all of it´s historical sets. We will see for sure the Eiffel Tower and so on in the next years and all magazines that posted "invest in Bricks instead of Gold" will have a new cover story.

Share this comment